Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SPRING March 1-May 31

For the Northern Hemisphere people, spring arrives in 2015 on Sunday, March 1st.  The equinox means that we have equal hours of daylight and moonlight. The daffodils that I planted last fall began to pop their heads through the hard, cold ground in January. Luckily they did not grow very quickly. If I had any warmer weather I am sure the other daffodils would start to bloom. This week the temperature ranges from 39-47F. Daffodils, Jonquils, Narcissis, or Amarylidaecae all make me happy.

The grass is filled with crocus coming through. It is quite beautiful. They have yellow, purple and white blooms. There are over 90 different genus of crocus and they come from the iris family. Here in Scotland they have been planted in rectangular sections of grass by the roadside. Doug thinks we should dig up some grass when we get home and plant some in the grass.



These are my daffodils, pansies and a few hyacinths at my flat outside. They are not very exciting yet, but they are my first sign that spring has come.



















Don't you wish you lived where the grass was ALWAYS green even in the winter when it was cold? Doug wants to see what kind of grass they have here and import it in.

1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers and the trees there! The older tree lined drives....ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete